We operate a wide range of equipment and are continually investing to stay at the forefront of Manufacturing Technology.
SIPLACE Placement Technology Siplace X High Speed Platform: maximizing productivity, flexibility, accuracy and reliability.
- Siplace X3 (x2)
- Siplace X4 (x2)
Siplace S Platform Proven capability for medium speed applications, with maximum modularity.
- Siplace S23 (x1)
- Siplace S27 HM (x1)
Siplace F Platform Combining fine-pitch placement head, with collect and place revolver heads.
- Siplace F5 (x1)
Mydata – Prototype Department
My Platform Flexibility & accuracy, ideal for prototype assembly.
- MY 12 (x1)
AP Platform: A range of fully automatic in-line stencil printers with 2D vision. Building on from the original AP, through to the advanced high speed Excel.
- MPM AP 25 HIE (x2)
- MPM AP Excel (x1)
10 W CO2 laser system for marking barcodes and other unique identity marks directly onto PCBs
- ALS 03 Automatic Laser Marking System
- DCT Injet 388 mCRD
- Camelot Gemini II (x1)
- Fuji GLV (x1)
- Quicky 450: Vapour-Phase soldering machine providing the ability to solder high quality assemblies defect-free
V series: A developing range of force convection ovens to support high speed reflow and curing applications
- Rehm SMS-V6-N2 (x1) Nitrogen enabled & Lead-free capable
- Rehm SMS-V7 (x2) Lead-free capable
Automatic mass wave solder solutions with integral spray flux systems operating with Nitrogen
- Soltec Delta (x2)
Automatic Component Insertion (ACI)
- Universal Axial 6241B
- Universal Radial 6348A
- Universal DIP6772
Analysis Laboratory Capabilities
- X-Ray Nordson Dage XD7500VR
- Banner Scientific Grinding Station
- Banner Scientific Polishing Station
- Buehler Cast N’ Vac 1000 Vacuum Impregnation System
- Dremel Bench saw
- Multicore Solderability Tester
- Cemco Solderability Tester
- Bausch & Lomb Microscope (1000x)
- Sony Technolook
- Climatic Test Chamber
- Nikon Profile Projector (Shadowgraph)
- Hunter Z-Check
- Nikon Measurescope Travelling Microscope
- Minolta Datacolor Photospectrometer
- Wayne Kerr Precision Inductance Analyzer 3245
- AC/DC Insulation Breakdown Tester
- HP High Resistance Meter
Inspection / Rework
- Ersa IR650 Semi-Automatic Rework Centre – Suitable for removal/replacement of a wide range of devices. Maximum device size 60x120mm, maximum PCB size 560x460mm.
- Cyberoptic SE 300 In line 3D solder paste inspection system (x2)
- Ersascope System 3000
- Vision Engineering – visual inspection
- JBC – manual re-work stations
- Metcal – manual re-work station
- Weller – manual re-work station
- Zevac – semi-automatic rework station
- PDR – semi-automatic rework station
- SRS – semi-automatic rework station
- Purex – extraction equipment
- BOFA – extraction equipment
- MMM – PCB baking oven
- Zevac – liquid solder pot rework station
- APT 9400 – a fast, easy to use and dependable fixtureless tester. Reduces program development times from days to hours. Suitable for small production runs. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
Automated optical inspection
- Mirtec MV2-HTL – Flexible bench top AOI system programmed from customer CAD data and established library files. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
- DCB Automation Supervision (2) – Flexible Bench top AOI system programmed from customer CAD data and established library files. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
- Cyberoptic Flex HR In Line AOI System (x2)
Conventional In Circuit
- HP (AGILENT) 307X (2) – A high speed machine with enhanced capabilities including complex digital device testing, ‘TESTJET’ open circuit test and Flash programming. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
- Teradyne 18XX (4) – A medium speed machine with capabilities covering basic Major Defects Analyzer requirements, through to powered digital and analogue tests. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
- MARCONI M75 (1) – A high pin count dedicated backplane tester. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance
JTAG test capabilities
- XJTAG (7) – A powerful, flexible JTAG test tool. Supported by in-house program development, debug and maintenance. We have a long and successful relationship with XJTAG as a developer of XJTAG test solutions –www.xjtag.com
- JTAG Technologies (1) – A powerful, flexible JTAG test tool. Capable of running customer or third party provided programs
The Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance is one of the UK’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) Charities, funded purely by the generosity of people like you! We are not part of the NHS and not funded by the Government.
At a time when every second counts, the arrival of our iconic yellow helicopter really can mean the difference between life and death.
We transport the equivalent of an A&E department to people suffering from the most serious of illnesses and devastating injuries, providing the best possible treatment as quickly as possible.
This year is an exciting time for the charity as it celebrates its 25th Anniversary and commits to flying 24 hours a day. Since 1994 the Air Ambulance has undertaken over 18900 missions all funded by donations with each mission costing around £2500.
SMS Electronics & Product Services | Electronic Manufacturing Services
Registered Number: 4496144,
Registered Office: SMS House, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 1AD, VAT Number: GB 804541944