Did You Know…
- SMS manufactured the first DAB radio board in association with Roke Manor Research and to support this type of new technology, SMS were the first to invest in the test equipment required to support the build
- SMS placed approx. 120 million components in 2016. That’s twice the number of components as people who live in the U.K. folks!
- SMS has had the honour of hosting several prestigious leaders including visionary Gandhi (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, 1931) and The Princess Royal (Princess Anne, 1991)
- SMS has won the Queens Award for Export, not once, but twice (1978 & 2012)
- SMS has assembled enough printed circuit boards to circle the world end-to-end four times!
Each highly trained, industry-qualified and certified team provides reassurance that sector specific quality and process controls are in place and are delivering the best solutions to solve unique challenges. With an excellent understanding of the problems faced by our customers, teams work as true partners to drive innovation and improvement and bridge the gap between the business and technology.
Our facility meets rigorous certification and compliance standards in accordance with ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14001, IPC610, BSEN9100, as well as other requirements of regulatory compliance for high reliability manufacturing, with global supply chain solutions; Underwriters Laboratories, Canadian Standards Authority, China Compulsory Certification MET and BABT.
- ISO9001:2015 – Standard Industrial/Commercial Product (FM75149)
- ISO 13485:2016 & EN ISO 13485:2016 – Medical Devices (MD585587)
SMS Product Services
The Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance is one of the UK’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) Charities, funded purely by the generosity of people like you! We are not part of the NHS and not funded by the Government.
At a time when every second counts, the arrival of our iconic yellow helicopter really can mean the difference between life and death.
We transport the equivalent of an A&E department to people suffering from the most serious of illnesses and devastating injuries, providing the best possible treatment as quickly as possible.
This year is an exciting time for the charity as it celebrates its 25th Anniversary and commits to flying 24 hours a day. Since 1994 the Air Ambulance has undertaken over 18900 missions all funded by donations with each mission costing around £2500.
SMS Electronics & Product Services | Electronic Manufacturing Services
Registered Number: 4496144,
Registered Office: SMS House, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 1AD, VAT Number: GB 804541944