In the 100+ years since our formation a lot has changed, yet our desire to meet the quality needs of the markets we serve remains as dedicated as ever
Did You Know…
- That we manufactured the first DAB radio board in association with Roke Manor Research and to support this type of new technology, SMS were the first to invest in the test equipment required to support the build
- That we placed approx. 120 million components in 2020. That’s twice the number of components as people who live in the U.K. folks!
- That we have had the honour of hosting several prestigious leaders including visionary Gandhi (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, 1931) and The Princess Royal (Princess Anne, 1991)
- That we have won the Queens Award for Export, not only once, but twice! (1978 & 2012)
- That we assembled enough Printed Circuit Boards to circle the world end-to-end four times!
We have a unique and excellent understanding of the problems faced by our OEM customers, as we’ve walked in their shoes. As such, it’s important to us to provide highly trained, industry-qualified and certified teams, to offer reassurance that sector specific quality and process controls are in place.
We are committed to data led collaborative decision making to deliver the best solutions to solve unique challenges.
Our facility meets rigorous certification and compliance standards in accordance with ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO14001, IPC610, BSEN9100, as well as other requirements of regulatory compliance for high reliability manufacturing, with global supply chain solutions; Underwriters Laboratories, Canadian Standards Authority, China Compulsory Certification MET and BABT.
SMS Electronics Quality Management System:
- ISO9001:2015 – Standard Industrial/Commercial Product (FM75149)
- ISO 13485:2016 & EN ISO 13485:2016 – Medical Devices (MD585587)
SMS Product Services